We’ve been sharing our story about simple living here since the tail end of 2012. But when it comes to simple living, we know we’re not alone! So, in this episode of the show we have our very first Simplicity Profile! We’ve mentioned a few times that there would be a few changes coming in 2014 for the show and here on the website, too.
So, last week we introduced the Qs & Comments segment where we answer questions you send in. And today we have our first guest on talking about how she’s simplified her life, too! But before we tell you any more about our special guest, we want to give you a little background on this new segment. Read more…
Background for Simplicity Profiles:
We’re looking at doing Simplicity Profiles about once a month. We’ll start the show with our featured guest and talk with them about simple living, how they embraced simplicity, what they’ve learned along the way, etc. We think the talks will last anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes. Sometimes longer, sometimes not. Then we’ll do the announcements, sometimes a Thing segment, and sometimes the Qs & Comments segment.
We told you there would be a few changes coming along, didn’t we? We think it’s great to highlight your stories, and for you to be able to share:
- Your triumphs
- Your challenges
- Your struggles
- Things you’ve learned along the way
Each of us has our own story when it comes to simplifying, simplicity and simple living. Sharing what you’ve learned, what you’d do differently, advice you’d share, and even mistakes you’ve made on your journey, helps us all grow individually and as a community. We’re all in this together, so we’d all love to hear from YOU.
When we started Simple Life Together, we kind of felt alone on our journey. We really wondered who would want to listen in and weren’t sure whether or not what we had to say mattered to anyone but us. Well, you’ve changed that for us, and we want to change that for you, too.
We’ve been incredibly inspired by stories from the Edit & Forget It Facebook page, emails we’ve received, voicemails…you name it. YOUR story is unique...and if you’re willing to share it, it can serve to inspire others to follow your path. We’ve found out first-hand that something we mention in passing on the show can have a positive impact on someone on the other side of the world…and make their life a little better. Your story can do that too! The world is waiting, and we want to share our platform so you can share your story just like we have.
Tania Ginoza is an Assistant Financial Controller who lives in Hawaii. She is also a freelance writer and blogger who shares her passion for design, a creative life and living well on her website MauiShopGirl.com. When not crunching numbers or writing, she can be found walking the beach during sunset hoping to spot a whale or two!
- Tell us how you got started on your simple living journey…and maybe paint a picture of what your life was like before you started simplifying your life.
- What was the catalyst?
- Everyone struggles in some way when it comes to simplifying or editing, or making major life changes. What has been the biggest challenge(s) for you along the way? And do you still struggle with any?
- What does your life look like now that you’ve been on your simplifying journey?
- Can you share with us some things you’ve learned along the way or things that you may have learned from others on the Edit and Forget It FB page?
- What advice would you give someone who is “on the fence” about where to start simplifying in their own life?
- Tell us how people can find you (mauishopgirl.com)
So, how have you been simplifying your life! We’d love to know. Be sure to leave a comment below.
Qs & Comments Segment (New):
Our first question comes from April. April wrote in wondering how to cut down on the stuff coming into your home, especially gifts for her daughter? She doesn’t want to deny her daughter, but believes kids can suffer from analysis paralysis with too many toys.
Next up is a voicemail from Jared. Jared asked how do best deal with digital clutter. Jared’s physical life is clutter free and in good shape, but he wonders how he can make his digital life clutter free, too!
Sara wrote in saying how she loves the style of the small cottage plans from Tumbleweed Tiny House Company and also wanted to hear more about our consideration to get rid of one of our cars to become a “one car family.”
- Dan is working with our friend Joel Zaslofsky of Value of Simple on a “simplicity summit” of sorts, called SimpleRev, short for simple revolution. SimpleRev will be 200+ passionate simple-living advocates. Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist will be there, and even others like Brooke McAlary of Slow Your Home and Mohamed Tohami of Midway Simplicity will be supporting from afar.To learn more, just go to SimpleRev.com or SimpleLifeTogether.com/rev
- Dates: October 3-4, 2014
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: University of St. Thomas Downtown Campus
- Don’t forget if you have questions or just want to learn more about Project 333 or Courtney Carver’s Dress With Less microcourse. You can learn more about that at SimpleLifeTogether.com/dress.
You can download a PDF of our show prep, too.
Resources and Links:
- Help support SimpleLifeTogether.com by using our Amazon Affiliate Link for purchases you make. Thanks!
- Dress With Less
- Tania referenced Eileen Fisher’s YouTube channel
Photo Credit: BlueRidgeKitties