We’ve mentioned in previous shows…sometimes simple isn’t easy. Consistent, voluntary simplicity can be even harder. Matter of fact, it can be an awful lot of work to make simple easy, but in the end we’re opting to live simply intentionally…in as many areas of our life as we can. And that’s going to take a little exploration and effort.
After our presentation at the NAPO 2014 Conference in Phoenix, we met a certified professional organizer, Miriam Ortiz y Pino, who turned out to have a little more in common with us than being an organizer like Vanessa. She’s been practicing voluntary simplicity for a long time now and after talking with her we thought it would be great to have her on the show to share her thoughts on what voluntary simplicity means to her, and also tap into some of her tips and advice to those who want to simplify their lives too.
Note: The school year starts soon! Get a copy of Supermom vs Super Mom for yourself or gift it to a Mom who needs a little “less” in her life. It’s less than $5 and will save you countless hours and effort!
Topic: Voluntary Simplicity with Miriam Ortiz Y Pino Interview
Miriam Ortiz y Pino is a Certified Professional Organizer, Simplicity Expert & Coach, Entrepreneur, Writer, Blogger and Creator of The Streamlined System. For over 15 years Miriam has worked with entrepreneurs and other busy and creative people to eliminate the distractions, simplify systems and create routines so they can get it all done practically effortlessly. The More than Organized Blog was recognized as one of the top 5 Simplicity Blogs in the world and she has contributed to several books. You can check out her website,http://www.morethanorganized.net, for free articles, resources, and to sign up for her FREE “One Minute Mail (& email) Solution Kit.
1. Tells us a little more about what you do and how you make lives simpler.
2. Everyone enjoys a little backstory…can you share with us a little bit about your life before becoming a professional organizer (in other words…were you always organized or did you have to learn to become more organized, etc)?
3. Living a life of simplicity is different for everyone, can you share with us what simplicity means to you and how you embrace it in your own life?
4. In your experience, what are the most common areas people request your help for getting organized and adopting simplicity? Why do you think they struggle?
5. Getting and staying organized and embracing a life of simplicity is more than just buying organizing products, watching “how to” videos, reading books or even hiring a professional organizer. Can you share with our listeners your advice on what it takes to embrace a simpler and more organized life…and make it stick?
6. You offer more tips and advice on your blog and website. Can you tell us little more about your workshops, products and services? I know we have a lot of DIYers out there…
7. Is there anything else you’d like to share?
8. What is the best way for our listeners to learn more about you?
So, what does voluntary simplicity mean to you? How are you practicing voluntary simplicity in your life? Please share your thoughts in the comments below. We’d love to know!
Be sure to leave a comment below.
Qs & Comments:
- Would You Like To Share Your Simple Life Story?
- We’d love to interview you for the show! Have you started your own simple living journey and learned some lessons that may help fellow Simple Life Together listeners? If you’d like to share your story then drop us an email at Dan@SimpleLifeTogether.com or Vanessa@SimpleLifeTogether.com
- Early Bird tickets are now available for SimpleREV! Only 50 tickets will be offered at the Early Bird pricing so make sure you lock yours in today.
- SimpleRev is being held on Oct 3-4, 2014, in beautiful downtown Minneapolis on the University of St Thomas campus. To get your tickets at the lowest price that will ever be offered, just go to SimpleRev.com/tickets. I’ll also put a link in the shownote to the SimpleRev podcast in iTunes, as well. Or just search iTunes for SimpleREV, all one word.
Edit & Forget It Challenge
You can download a PDF of our show prep, too.
Resources and Links:
- You can help support SimpleLifeTogether.com by using our Amazon Affiliate Link for any purchases you must make. Thanks!
- Supermom vs Super Mom
- More Than OrganizedMore Than Organized FB Page