Juicing Simplified w/Farnoosh Brock & We’re Taking You On Vacation!
Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and leave a review in the iTunes store! It helps others find the show! Thanks!
Dan and Vanessa Topic: Just a Few Travel Tips From The Road….Literally!
Well, if the show sounds a bit different it’s because we’re on the road. That’s right, we’re taking you on vacation! It’s actually a “working trip” for us.
We’ve never recorded on the road (we literally recorded our segment in the car). The sound quality is just a bit off from our normal audio but not bad considering the circumstances! The interview however is excellent! Just sayin….
Anyhoos…typically when we have a guest interview we do a combined topic. Since we want you to enjoy the entire interview, we decided to do a shorter segment for our topic.
Additionally, when we know we are going to be out of town for a week, we try to record an episode in advance. Well, we ended up having such a busy week with clients leading up to our trip, that we simply ran short of time to prepare two episodes in only 3 days!
It may not seem like a lot of work but each episode takes at least 16 hours to prep, record, edit in post-productions, post show notes, post in iTunes, etc. We are still on our journey to simplify this process…believe us we are! Thankfully it is a labor of love…truly!!!!
So, speaking of simplifying and in keeping with our philosophy on most things in life…we decided to keep our segment…well, you know…simple.
And since we’re on a road trip we decided to share a few travel tips with you. Here are the things we discussed:
- How we were able to pack 9 days of clothes for 3 people in just one piece of luggage.
- How we make sure we never run out of outlets to charge our ever so precious gadgets by using a Belkin Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger.
- How to easily travel with electronics using the Grid-It system by Cocoon.
- How to ensure you’ll actually get to listen to your podcasts even when the 4G network gets ‘patchy.’
- How bringing our little Apple TV replaced old school slide projectors to enjoy family slideshows and videos!
Interview with Farnoosh Brock of Prolific Living and her newly released book, The Healthy Juicer’s Bible.
We’ve mentioned on the show before that we like to juice. We started juicing a little over a year ago in December of 2011 after Dan was completely and totally inspired by Joe Cross’s film, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (this is an Amazon affiliate link but the movie is available for free on Netflix if you’re a member) which he saw on Netflix over 20 times since.
Dan decided to try juicing and Vanessa decided to jump on board too and we’ve been hooked ever since.
So, we thought it would be great to invite Farnoosh Brock (a friend we met at the World Domination Summit in 2011) who just published and released her new book, The Healthy Juicer’s Bible. It was released by Skyhorse Publishing and is selling out everywhere!
Farnoosh is amazing, talented and a such a delight to talk with. We think you’ll really love the interview! Here are some of the questions we asked!
1. So Farnoosh, who are you and how do you make people’s lives simpler?
2. Do you remember your first fresh juice? If you can, tell us where and when that was, and what went through your mind before you drank it?
3. When we talk about juicing, one of the first questions we’re asked is what’s the difference between juices and smoothies, or juicing and blending. How would you answer that?
4. So Farnoosh, what would you list as some of the benefits of juicing?
5. How do you recommend people get started with juicing?
6. Dan’s been a member of your Green Juicing Clinic for almost a year now…since the start…and I love it! Tell us how you came up with that concept and a bit about the clinic.
7. That leads us to your brand new and beautiful book “The Healthy Juicer’s Bible.” We love this little book! It is jam packed with great info, terrific tips, and the pictures are absolutely beautiful, too! Tell us how the book came about.
8. You know we’re all about simplifying and for new juicers the whole process can seem a bit intensive. Can you share some tips on how you’ve simplified your juicing?
9. Alright…we gotta ask…you’re stranded on a tropical island…thankfully there’s a solar powered juicer there and and this tropical island just happen to grow all the ingredients to your favorite juice. What juice would that be?
10. Do you have any tips for juicing on the go or when you travel?
The Thing Segment
Dan’s Thing: His love of podcasts and audiobooks and being able to take advantage of our road trip to catch up on many of them.
Vanessa’s Thing: Being able to help her in-laws organize their paper files by consolidating numerous boxes and folders into one, consolidated filing system that’s easy for everyone to access.
You have been great about leaving iTunes ratings and reviews and we hope you keep it up. We’ve had reviews from:
- Magpie left a comment on Episode 15 and also wrote a review for us on iTunes.
- Tania left a comment on Episode 17. Tania has a very nice blog at mauishopgirl.com